Sunday, July 15, 2007

Stormy Weather!
















I love MANY films but one of my all time favorite is Stormy Weather!!





cast
Lena Horne - Selina RogersBill "Bojangles" Robinson - Bill WilliamsonFats Waller - HimselfDooley Wilson - Gabe TuckerCab Calloway - HimselfEddie "Rochester" Anderson Flournoy E. Miller - MillerColeman Hawkins - SaxophonistThe Nicholas Brothers - ThemselvesKatherine Dunham - HerselfAda Brown - Herself
The Tramp Band - ThemselvesBabe Wallace - Chick BaileyErnest Whitman - Jim EuropeZuttie Singleton - ZuttieMae Johnson - HerselfJohnny Lee - LylesRobert Felder - Cab Calloway, Jr.Nick Stewart (Nicodemus) - Chauffeur





The movie is about a musician looking back on his life and career and to see all the talent just amazes me! I mean from the Nicholas Brothers to Mr Bojangles! It's surely a treat with the singing dancing and classic entertainment at it's finest.




Dont know why theres no sun up in the sky


Stormy weather


Since my man and I aint together,


Keeps rainin all the time


Life is bare,


gloom and misry everywhere


Stormy weather


Just cant get my poorself together,


Im weary all the time


So weary all the time


When he went away the blues walked in and met me.


If he stays away old rockin chair will get me.


All I do is pray the lord above will let me walk in the sun once more.


Cant go on, evry thing I had is gone


Stormy weather


Since my man and I aint together,


Keeps rainin all the time

No comments: